Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cannot print thin lines - AC25 - designjet T125

Paulo Valente
Contributor

I work with Archicad 25 (4013 POR FULL) in Windows 11. I have the latest drivers and i'm printing by usb cable.

When i print to designjet, the lines with 0mm (in pen set) always come very thick. I try with maximum detail, and always the same. If i convert to PDF the problem get a little better if i print has a image.

When i print to my old photosmart printer i don't have this issue, the lines come correct, very thin.

I try either to convert my drawing to high resolution jpg. In this way the lines in the designjet come thin. But this is not the way it supposed to do.

I try different ways, different configurations and nothing. With my old plotters desingjet 100 and 130 a never had this issue.

I even calibrate and nothing.

If someone have a clue i apreciate. 

(sorry from my english)

Paulo Valente

8 REPLIES 8
ryejuan
Advisor

have you selected the hairline option when you're printing?

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Maybe when you set a line thickness to 0, it uses some default thickness of the plotter which is too thick. Try to set a very small value instead of 0 (like 0.05 or 0.1) and see if that makes a difference.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Paulo Valente
Contributor

I have two samples. One printing from Adobe PDF with the option "print as a image" (in the advanced proprerties). The second printing direct from Archicad with maximum dpi and maximum detail.

If a print from PDF but in normal, not with the option on "print as a image", the print cames exacly as with Archicad.

I'm gonna try as you explain Laszlo Nagy. I normal have the pen set's to 0,00.

I try, it get the same, thil

thik

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you do not get additional help here I would suggest that you contact your local reseller with this problem.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Yes, with or without always get thick lines.

What i am afraid is that this plotter does not have HP-GL/2 driver (only language is jpeg), and that could be the problem.

This is why i am asking where if someone have this question.

And i think other plotters as the designjet T120 T125 and T130 have the same problem.