Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Ceiling Height and Finish Floors in Zone Stamp_2 19 (and newer)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you change the units from inches to feet and inches for the Ceiling Height in Zone Stamp_2 19? I cannot seem to do it.
16 REPLIES 16
Eric Milberger
Advocate
Maybe I am missing something and obiously am.
My CH or ceiling Heights in a Zone Stamp are in inches and Need to be in Feet-inchs

Any help is welcome
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Karl Ottenstein
Eric wrote:
Maybe I am missing something and obiously am.
My CH or ceiling Heights in a Zone Stamp are in inches and Need to be in Feet-inchs
Options > Project Preferences > Calculation Units

Change your Length Unit from decimal inches to what you want to see...feet and fractional inches, or feet and decimal inches.

Note: This solution was posted below on November 19, 2015 by David Maudlin ... 5 posts back in this thread. Glad you found the right thread for your question - but always best to read all of the posts. Your answer may already be there. 😉

Also, since I gather from your various posts that you're new to Archicad... read the online help to be sure you understand the difference between Working Units and Calculation Units.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eric Milberger
Advocate
I am having this issue in Version 25
Eric Milberger
Advocate
i already have it set up with this. Feet & fractional inches
It was not giving me decimal inches but a ht of 144" rather than 12'-0"

I did find this as an issue in versions 17-20 but quiet after that.
Not sure but I know I will run into a discussion here as the guys on site will not be used to something different and will have trouble with this.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for the question!

I tried with Archicad 25 USA 3002 on both macOS and Windows but failed to reproduce what you experienced. Using the default template, I managed to get the Ceiling height to appear as feet and decimal inches

Maybe this happens only on certain files? Could you reproduce the issue on a brand new file?
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Karl Ottenstein
Eric wrote:
I am having this issue in Version 25
As Minh did, my post below was a reproduction in AC 25 USA. The stamp does follow the calculation units.

Eric - by any chance are you viewing the stamp on a drawing on a layout ... rather than a view. When you change working units while a plan view showing the stamp is displayed, the units in the stamp change immediately. If you are on a layout, then perhaps you do not have that drawing set for auto-update. (Or, perhaps auto-update does not recognize a Calculation Units change... and you need to manually update the placed drawing.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eric Milberger
Advocate
Not sure but thanks as I just redid all.