Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cel Shader in CineRender

derekjackson
Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm trying to get the Cel Effect Shader to work in my Surface, giving the effect of the Cel Renderer (white in the middle of faces with black around the bounding edges) I'm in AC18 without any updates. Just trying to get my head around the settings and the theories of CineRender.

I've applied it in the Luminance channel with no other channels selected, as per the AC Help. I have the 'Use Camera' option ticked, but it just seems to blank out the entire face. Do I need to set it to Camera rather than World space anywhere else? Does a scale come in to it at all?

Any help appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
derekjackson
Enthusiast

Bumping an old post of mine here. Has anyone managed to get the Cel Shader to work as expected?

I've followed a Cinema 4D tutorial (which I believe is where the rendering system originates) and I don't get the expected results when using Archicad. Anyone know if it's fully supported and works as intended? Any particular render settings needed to get it to do anything?