Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Change Drawing natural outline (ArchiCAD 23)

Titiriga
Contributor
Hello,
Starting from ArcahiCAD23, the base outline of a drawing (the line type and pen its outlined with while having no specific user defined outline) is a very loose dotted line that has almost the same color as the gray background of the Layout Book environment. Its very hard to see and to work with.
How could I change the attributes of this line?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
If you mean the frame around the drawings placed on the layouts, then I don't think you have any control of this.
It will be a dotted line if set as "Crop to Frame" and a dashed line if set as "Manually Resized Frame",
The colour will always be grey and it will not print.

You can add a printable border which you have full control over, but that may not be what you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Titiriga
Contributor
Thank you Barry,
I sort of guessed there is no way to change that.
Hope in the next version they will do something about it, its pretty hard to work with it like this.
Thank you.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
FYI:

There was another thread about this not long ago:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69001

Minh from GS HQ also chimed in, so hopefully the developers are aware of this.

However, if you think this should be handled, you can make a wish for this feature, we can vote on it and if it gets enough support, we can submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.
If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Titiriga
Contributor
Thank you,
I didn't know about that thread, probably didn't do a good job searching for the subject.
This was my first ever post on this forum, so I'm new here. I don't really know how to make a wish and i wouldn't want that big a fuss about it either.
Thank you again