BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Change Manager and Modules

fuzzytnth3
Booster
In the Change Manager for a file that has a number of Modules inserted, I can see all the Changes that are coming from the Modules but if for example when I open the 52 Drainage module there are in fact only two Changes listed within it.

So why or where are all the Changes that my file is saying come from the 52 Module ?

changemanager.jpg
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

We have examined fuzzytnth3's files. It turns out that in his module file all the changes were present, only most of them were Archived changes already, and only 2 of them were Active (that's why in the default view he could only see 2 in the module file, as Archived changes were hidden by default).

By design, when you hotlink a module into a host file, in the host file these will show as active unless you issue/archive them there as well. This was designed like this, so that changes that may have already been issued in the module, but not in the host, would show as active. But the fact that Archived changes also end-up active, may not be ideal, so we are reexamining this behavior for future versions.

Regards, Daniel
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!