Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Change manager showing deleted changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
There seems to be an issue with the change manager tool preview showing deleted changes

For example, in the below image, TN-03 Detail Updates was a change that I had created, then deleted, as a test.

When I use the Change tool, and then select change, I cannot TN-03 Detail Updates in the list (since I deleted it). Yet it still shows in the little previous box on the top tool bar

You should be able to recreate this quite easily but opening change manager > creating a few new changes, then deleting them immediately. Activate the change tool, use "Create new change" and see those deleted changes appear in the preview box next to it

Is this a known bug?
9 REPLIES 9
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the report and I am sorry about the issue!

This is something unknown to us. Unfortunately, I was unable to recreate the issue with a brand new file. I am wondering if you could record a short video showing how you encounter the issue with your current file? Or if it can be replicated on a brand new file, that could be even better! Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been able to recreate it with multiple brand new files

Steps
1. open change manager
2. create a change
3. delete said change
4. activate change tool
5. it will list the deleted change in the grey box in the toolbar even though it is deleted

see attached. not a huge issue, just something weird
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the information! This was exactly what I did. In the latest attached screenshot, I saw that the new change's name is test0 - test. Was number "0" exist in the deleted change?

I did a quick test with AC24 INT 3008. With the change's name, I put some random things in, like "aaa - 123". After deleting, the next name in the Change tool is "aaa0 - 123", which is not the one got deleted:

Could you confirm this for me? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it happened to me too - "0" got added to the deleted change.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

I see. So this is not the deleted change, but a new change with incremental number added to its ID.

Each change must have a different ID, therefore this number is added and increase automatically when a new one is created. In this case, the Change tool takes the name and the ID of the previously created change (test - test) to create a new one (test0 - test). This is not the deleted change.

I hope this answers your question! If there is anything unclear, please let me know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see, so even if you delete a change, you can no longer use the same ID and name?
and how come when I delete a change it still appears in that grey box in the top tool bar?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

1. If you delete a change, you will be able to use its ID again. What was shown in the box is the next ID number, that will be used to create the next change.

2. As I mentioned previously, the grey box did not show the deleted change. The one got deleted is "test - test". The box show the new ID if you place a new change on the plan, which is "test0 - test". The Change tool takes the format of the previously created change, which is:
- ID: test
- name: test
to create a new change with
- ID: test0
- name: test

I hope this makes sense to you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous