BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Change markers don't disappear from view

I have struggled with this issue for some time. Revision management seems to be working fine as long as I am in layout, but if I open the source view, ALL the prior clouds from prior issues are displayed. This is overwhelming visually, in some cases with clouds overlapping clouds, and I can't believe this is how this is supposed to work. What am I missing?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
6 REPLIES 6
After talking with tech support, apparently I am not missing anything. Until this gets improved, we need to use layers. Anyone have a clever scheme for placing change markers over multiple issues without extensive layer proliferation?
Richard
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It's not very clever, but I archive all my project to .pla along with publishing sets of documentation and just get rid of the old markers for each new set of changes/issues. If, for whatever reason, I want to go back to the old ones, I have the .pla.

I should mention we mostly do small residential projects, but it has also worked for larger projects up to about 3000 m3.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Thanks, Erwin! That's a reasonable approach that was not on my radar.
Richard
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I wish I had something more BIM/smart, but sometimes the stone-age methods still work.

I've been doing this for years, mostly born out the need to see something of my drawing in the jungle of change markers. The downside of well-to-do clients is the scope of all the changes over the course of the construction phase

About layers... we do use two: one for structural/'building' changes and one for any MEP changes.

Actually thinking about it, you could use the renovation filter tool by making a new renovation filter for every change and putting the change markers on show only on that filter. It seems like a lot of work though and there is something oddly satisfying about deleting those markers.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This thread is interesting because it points to a piece of info people may not have (I didn't): that the "Show Markers" field in the Issue Details Dialog only affects which Change Markers are displayed on LAYOUTS.
(Now it is logical since the Issue Details Dialog is accessible from the context menu of the Layout Book icon in the Layout Book page of the Navigator, so of course it applies to the Layout Book only, but not Viewpoints and Views.)
It has no effect on which or how Change Markers are displayed in the Source Views of Drawings placed on those Layouts.

That said, I don't have a Project currently in which we would have to use Change Markers. But if I did, I would probably create two Layers (name them as appropriate):

"Change Markers - Current Issue" - All Change Markers for the current Issue would be placed on this Layer.
"Change Markers - Previous Issues" - this Layer would hidden be default.

Whenever I create a new Issue, I would make sure all Change Markers are first moved to the "Change Markers - Previous Issues" Layer.
I think this method would be useful enough and I would have to create one additional Layer.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
laszlonagy wrote:
"Change Markers - Current Issue" - All Change Markers for the current Issue would be placed on this Layer.
The problem with this approach is that you could have a Change Marker that you want displayed only on an electrical plan, say, and if it isn't on its own layer, an empty and mysterious cloud will display on the floor plan and reflected ceiling plans, too.
Richard
Learn and get certified!