Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Change template

KeesW
Advocate

I am using my own template and have nearly finished some working drawings with it. However, I want to change the template to the standard Australian template for the existing drawings. Any sugestions to make this easier would be appreciated.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

The best way as far as I know, would be to copy the model from your existing plans into a blank Aus template and then 'Save As' to create new files.

However you could be in for a world of hurt if your attributes between your existing drawings and the Aus template don't match.

As when you copy and paste, any attributes that don't exist in the Aus template will simply be created and any that have the same index number but different settings will change.

i.e. composite #1 in your existing drawings might be a plastered wall but in the Aus template it may be a concrete block all.

In my opinion, unless you really have to do it, I wouldn't bother.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry. I was afraid you'd say that. I don't like the Aust. template but have discovered that Archicad has become too complicated to use my own. The standard template has too many interconnecting features that are hard to duplicate. It contains automatic links to thermal, structural, lighting and other feautures in current AC versions that are worth having.  So, I will, reluctantly, give up trying to make my own but will continue to look at more suitable templates produced by others. This includes the 4D Library written by Ben Cohen in Western Australia.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU