Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Change the door/window label in repeating doors/windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

The text label on the doors and windows I should use in the project are for example ID5.1, ID5.2 and so on... and that means every door has its own settings, but when I put 2 doors of the same label ID5.1, the second shows with label ID5.2, but that shouldn´t be like that as it gets confusing, because the door ID5.2 has completely other settings than ID5.1.
How can I change the settings of the text labeling, so the second or third repeating door can be labeled for example ID5.1_A, ID5.1_B and so on, or should I manually change it by myself?

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should set the Door/Window Text Label to display the ID of the Door/Window.
Then you can use the Document > Listing Extras > Element ID Manager to modify their IDs.
Go to 3D, use the Find & Select Palette to select Doors with the same settings, then configure the Element ID Manager properly to modify their IDs so the last character changes to A, B, C, etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should set the Door/Window Text Label to display the ID of the Door/Window.
Then you can use the Document > Listing Extras > Element ID Manager to modify their IDs.
Go to 3D, use the Find & Select Palette to select Doors with the same settings, then configure the Element ID Manager properly to modify their IDs so the last character changes to A, B, C, etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I choose to insert 10 doors of the same ID ''RT13'', then I want all of them to have that ID (in the attached image it can be clearly seen that the selected door has different ID names, because it was inserted several times in a row).
I know I can draw one door and then with the eye-drop tool repeat the same for the next door, but is there another way to resolve this issue when one inserts the door in a continious way?
Barry Kelly
There is an option in the Work Environment to control the automatic increase of element IDs.
If your ID has a number in it and you want it to increase automatically every time you place an element, turn the option on.
If you want the ID to stay the same all the time then turn it off.

You can still manually edit the IDs or use the ID Manager as mentioned whether this option is on or off.
It only comes into effect when placing new objects.

But if you use the eye dropper you will get exactly the same ID regardless of the setting.
So you can have the auto increase on for new elements so the ID changes but can use the eye dropper if ever you want the ID to be the same.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you both .

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!