BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Changing Project North

toman311
Enthusiast
So, I set up the project North and all of my exterior and interior elevations are pulling information from that project North for their titles.

The titles say "Southwest Elevation" and such, but this is hard to describe to others and hard to remember. So, it has been decided to make them say "South Elevations" and such for easier communication. I changed project North to where the computer should make those changes for all of the interior and exterior elevations (and there's a lot of them), but the computer doesn't make those changes.

How to I get my elevation names to update that?
They pulled their original orientation from the Project North, so why don't they change?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Hello There is not (to my knowledge) automation or links between the benchmarks of the facades with the positioning (real or supposed of the North on your Plan). The purpose of the facades is to show the "faces" of (or) buildings as much as possible in full size not (from my point of view) to show a projection perfectly perpendicular to a cardinal point. On the other hand, properly positioning the North (and properly adjusting your heliodon) on your plans can actually allow you in your facades to have your shadows correct in relation to your orientation and in relation to an hour of a specific day. It will be enough to tick in your Options facades.
The North object, on the other hand, makes it possible to confirm precisely the orientation of your project

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
As far as I know this only works for interior elevations, these use an autotext <Orientation> to pull the north/south etc from your model. I think that this autotext is only available for Interior Elevation ID or Name field.

These do automatically update.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!