Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Changing Wall fills between layers

waynedensley
Participant

hi, im using Archicad 21, and i have created a Composite wall which we use to document, it has a solid fill to the inner stud wall. a ventilation cavity which has no fill and an external brick wall with brick hatch. is there a way that i can turn off the hatch for the external brick wall and internal stud wall on certain layers (ie. Bracing layer and Slab Plans layer) so for example on a Bracing Plan my internal and external walls dont have hatch/fill shown on them. We want the fill to show on the floor plan layer just not on some other layers

and if this is possible, is it also possible to alter the walls lines from solid to dashed on the above mentioned layers?

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

A correctly set up Graphic Override should do the trick.

Make sure you specify the exact elements that you want to change the appearance of and have a fill override to make them transparent and lines dashed. You can do this within one single rule or you can set up multiple rules for added flexibility down the line.

Then make sure your GO Combination is applied the Bracing Plan.

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution

A correctly set up Graphic Override should do the trick.

Make sure you specify the exact elements that you want to change the appearance of and have a fill override to make them transparent and lines dashed. You can do this within one single rule or you can set up multiple rules for added flexibility down the line.

Then make sure your GO Combination is applied the Bracing Plan.

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

thank you, i will try and work it out, much appreciated!

thank you so much, got it working, much appreciated

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Just one additional piece of info: Graphic Overrides always modify the representation of the whole element. They can not be set to override only specific skins of a Composite. This is something that is on the wishlist.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27