Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Changing past issues/transmittal

Sophie Hoppe
Contributor

HI 

I need to re-issue the first issue with all the layout. I can then recreate the subsequent issues. the problem is how to change the issue date ?

thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

we have it in our standard to never use the computer's date/time. we manually type the date, specifically to avoid this issue.

i remember the fix i did years ago was to actually change the computer's date/time. i think it worked back in an older version of AC. not sure if it still does with the newer versions.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Sophie Hoppe
Contributor

THanks where do you manually type the date. What happens with the transmittal date then?

I meant what happens twith the transmittal set date?

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.50.01 am.png

Gerry Leonor
Advisor

when you create a New Transmittal Set:

• click on Scheme
  • click Add
  • create a new field for the issue date
  • GerryLeonor_0-1667868707857.png

you won't be able to delete the Transmittal Set Date as this is hard-coded into the program. you can simply choose not to use this field in your Revision History Objects for your title blocks & instead use the Date field that you created.

keep in mind that you now have to manually type the date before you publish anything.

the Transmittal Set Date column in the Book Settings will always show your system date (computer date). i tend to ignore it as we only go by the manual date field.

ryejuan
Advisor

I hope that they will allow the users to override the date in the book settings it can also be use as your records when you have issued out the drawing.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

But if you are recording the date of an event that happened, why would you ever want to amend it?

I don't quite understand this.

An issue date is the actual date it was issued.

If you issue it again, there should be a new issue date?

At least that seems logical to me, not that I use any of the automated issue/transmittal stuff.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Well unfortunately in a working environment contractors, suppliers, etc. want to amend little things that they forgot to add on that moment and don't want to make a big deal about this things that's why they will just simply say just use the same date you issued and this is where trouble occurs...

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Barry yes in a perfect world. in this case I have made an error. I did NOT publish all the layout in the first issue. I now want to see all the drawings in the transmittal so Ii need to redo it from the start.