BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Changing the style of multiple dimensions lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to change the style of multiple dimension lines in one of my projects.

I've put a marquee around them, used the find and select tool to highlight the required dimensions but...

...if I go into settings to change the witness lines/marker styles, nothing happens!

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong/ missing a simple step and I'd appreciate some assistance.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post some screenshots so we can see exactly what you are doing and what you are trying to achieve?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply Lazlo, I've only just seen it!

I've just gone to post some screen shots for clarity rather than a quickly typed question in haste and found where I was going wrong. I didn't have the dimension(s) selected correctly.

When I used the find tool, pipette to select all, this was the display on the toolbar:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Whereas to get it to work, the attached was the display in the toolbar.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think my mistake was using the find and select tool, then the pipette, followed by selecting the dimension.

When I selected the dimension, then used the find and select tool to add all other dimensions I wanted to change, it worked.
Barry Kelly
Your first image shows the dimension selected and the second show the dimension text as selected.
Whatever you select last will be what shows in the info box so that is what you will be amending.

You can select just the node of a dimension and all you will edit is that node.
Select exactly half way between two node and you will select just that one dimension segment and all you will edit is just that one dimension segment.
If you select anywhere else on the line (not the node or centre between nodes) you will select the entire dimension line and any editing will affect all dimensions and nodes on that line.
Or you can select just the text and all you will edit is the style of that text.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the summary Barry
Learn and get certified!