BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Check if drawings placed on layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a quick way to see if drawings are saved in your VIEW MAP are placed on layouts?

I am working on a Teamwork file where people have made duplicate views of the same drawings by mistake, made temporary drawings etc. I plan to do a project clean up and am worried I might delete drawings that are already on sheets.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
The Drawing Manager will tell you which views have been placed on layouts.
You can right click on a view and choose "open source view" - it will highlight in the view map.

But is won't list the views not used which seems to be what you want.

However you can open source view of each in the drawing manager and add a suffix to the name ('X' or whatever you want) - just edit name in the properties of the view map.
When done look through the view map and any views that do not have an 'X' at the end of their name should be safe (?) to delete as they have not been placed on a layout.
Then go through and remove all the 'X' from the view names.

A bit long winded but it should work and I think is better than just visually looking for view names that have not been used.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry.

That might do the trick! It sounds a little time consuming but it would be a precise way of figuring out which drawings are duplicates.
Johann_P
Advocate
Just dusting off an old thread....

I'm currently in the same process of cleaning up drawings.

Is this still the best way to find redundant drawings in the view map?
ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
DGSketcher
Legend
Much as I dislike the long list of files I mainly use cloned folders in my View Map. If you have the same arrangement you can't remove individual files from a cloned folder, delete one & you delete them all. Hopefully you then have a limited number of individual files which you could highlight as Barry has suggested. I don't think anything has changed since the OP to assist in this process, probably because GS see cloning as the preferred method of managing views.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I found a neat workround and explained it in this thread.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/File-clean-up-Finding-unplaced-views/m-p/334407#M15...

Mac Studio 2022; Apple M1 Max; 64Gb LPDDR5
macOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630)
AC 27
iMac 27 2014; 3,4GHz quad core i5; 24Gb 1600 MHz DDR3; 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
AC 25
Make your life Custom not Standard. GDLing since 2018.
Learn and get certified!