BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Choosing a Title as Default in AC10 Layouts

Brad Elliott
Booster
In AC10 the Master Layout can be set as default the same as 9. However the titles folder is now gone. I can select titles after I copy a drawing to a Layout but how do I select a Title as default?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
Brad wrote:
In AC10 the Master Layout can be set as default the same as 9. However the titles folder is now gone. I can select titles after I copy a drawing to a Layout but how do I select a Title as default?
The title is controlled by the Drawing Tool. Its current settings will be applied to anything new that you place (like any other tool.... finally, consistancy!!)
Tom Waltz
Brad Elliott
Booster
OK the Drawing Tool in the documenting window. That helps a lot so it looks like if I just select the Layout Book those settings then become the new default settings. Because if I don't have anything in the layout selected the Title Block is greyed out.

Also, is there any good reason not to put the Layout on the ArchiCAD layer? I would think you would always want it to show up? Just trying to get a grasp on the concepts. Three years to get to 45 posts, mostly with answers, I think I am going to double that in the next week.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
TomWaltz
Participant
Brad wrote:
Also, is there any good reason not to put the Layout on the ArchiCAD layer? I would think you would always want it to show up? Just trying to get a grasp on the concepts. Three years to get to 45 posts, mostly with answers, I think I am going to double that in the next week.
I've been placing all my drawings on the Archicad Layer... it seems like the safe way to make sure they do not disappear!
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!