Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender AC18 Tree force Transparency of walls/roofs

Anonymous
Not applicable
When creating a PhotoRender using CineRender the placed Pine Trees 18 & Deciduous Trees 18 objects are forcing the walls to be transparent. See Attached.

I can not find at this time were to turn the Glass transparency OFF for the PhotorRender. Can transparency be turned off for the Glass of do I have to place a different glass material in my windows?

CineRender Tranparend roof.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another image.
Anonymous
Not applicable
More Glass Transparency Questions.

I made a Custom Door Leaf and used the Glass - Clear material for the Glass. This is the same glass material used in the windows. In the OpenGL 3D view with Transparency ON, the glass in the custom garage door and the glass in the windows is transparent. when a PhotoRender with CineRender is created the Door Leaf Glass is opaque but the same glass material in the windows is Transparent.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is not the tree objects that are causing the roof to show transparent, it seems to be the Windows.
Barry Kelly
Does this help?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=47600

It may be the ray and reflection depth settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not see how to adjust the Ray and reflection setting, so I am still having the issue with the transparent glass in the CR render is somehow omitting the Roof surface beyond and therefor displaying the Sky. Also the interior is completely dark. How can we turn off transparency in the CR renderings?
Transparent Roof.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another image with the roof "disappearing" on the other side of the transparent glass using the CineRender Engine
Anonymous
Not applicable
nice work.
Barry Kelly
Jay wrote:
I do not see how to adjust the Ray and reflection setting, so I am still having the issue with the transparent glass in the CR render is somehow omitting the Roof surface beyond and therefor displaying the Sky. Also the interior is completely dark. How can we turn off transparency in the CR renderings?
See the post from Katalin from Graphisoft - her link to the Help Centre may help.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=48768

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11