Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender - Brick Common Flemish

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to achieve a common flemish pattern with the brick shader.

1 - Is there a way to add a feature such that I can make it such that the row that have alternating End row width have another option to say how many end pieces you want and alternate with the normal side?

2- The other option would be to add under the Tile shader more brick patterns? Any way to do that?

Thanks in advance, any help or suggestion would be great.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Have you tried the standard 'Brick - Common Flemmish 18' surface?
Check to see if you have it.
I am not sure if it is standard with Archicad or part of the 'Additional Surface Catalogue' for SSA users.

It doesn't use the brick shader at all - probably because it can't do what you want.

Barry.
brick_flemmish.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I am not sure about your local market, but in NL most of the larger manufacturers of bricks offer custom texture generators with fairly large (as in number of bricks large) textures, so the repetition isn't that bad.

Wienerberger, for example, (I think they are General Shale in US) has such an option here.

This is all in dutch, obviously, but just to get a general idea: http://wienerberger.nl/producten/agena-hv#collapse-collapse1366232660562
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,

Yes I have that Texture and I used it as a starting point but when I wanted to have a brick blend, I ended up recreating my own texture to represent it.

I like the Brick shader better and wish there was an option to make the coursing I was looking for.

Thanks again
Barry wrote:
Have you tried the standard 'Brick - Common Flemmish 18' surface?
Check to see if you have it.
I am not sure if it is standard with Archicad or part of the 'Additional Surface Catalogue' for SSA users.

It doesn't use the brick shader at all - probably because it can't do what you want.

Barry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks thats a good website, great link.

The manufacturer I use doesn't have the texture I wanted and aren't good enough. So I made my own.
Erwin wrote:
I am not sure about your local market, but in NL most of the larger manufacturers of bricks offer custom texture generators with fairly large (as in number of bricks large) textures, so the repetition isn't that bad.

Wienerberger, for example, (I think they are General Shale in US) has such an option here.

This is all in dutch, obviously, but just to get a general idea: http://wienerberger.nl/producten/agena-hv#collapse-collapse1366232660562

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!