BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender - Odd thing: Elements beyond glass are invisible

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all I want to say hello to everyone! I am new here! Quick intro: My name is Rilwan I am a 3D vizualiser/illustrator at a Hungarian architecture firm. Now...

CineRender - Odd thing: Elements beyond glass are invisible...

I don't know how best to describe this, but I am setting up a rendering for work the strangest things are happening to my transparency. and I can't seem to fix this. Perhaps someone here has ran into this situation before and knows a way out.

Basically: Door And Window elements which stand beyond a transparent glass parapet (balcony barrier) seem to disappear/invisible. As in they are simple not visible through refracting through the glass. Their complete shadows are visible. But the element themselves are invisible. Ask for more Screenshot I can add them
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a another closer image of what I am talking about.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rilwan:

See this thread: Window disappearing through glass.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay I will set up a signature.
Anonymous
Not applicable
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=49107
So Yeah! This was actually the first thing I checked to look at Ray Depth and Threshold, and this did not help my situation at all. I tried moving the slider to various values. What else could affect this if it is not Ray Depth? Thanks for helping me.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rilwan:

The Ray Threshold and Ray Depth have typically been the culprits. A few things you could try:
1. If the glass is not an ArchiCAD surface, try substituting a default glass to see if it is a Surface issue.
2. Try some of the standard CineRender Scenes (ex: Outdoor Daylight Medium (Physical)) to see if that changes the result.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!