BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to remember reading that someone was having the sky not show in render.

It happened to me and then I thought I had it fixed, but now it flashes briefly in render than disappears. Any thoughts? thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi:

Anyone had any thoughts on the no sky issue?

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Don,
could you please give a bit more details on the problem?
Do you mean the sky is not visible during the render and on the final rendered image?
If it was not the flashing, I would say that it had to do with your enviroment/alpha channel settings.
Sorry but since I do not have updated to AC18 yet, I cannot give any specific advice, but in my experience in 3d rendering programms, no sky usually means that it does not store the information of the enviroment alpha channel.
Are you trying physical sky or IBL?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anestis:

Thanks for you thoughts. I have used 18 only briefly and was exploring Cinerender when the problem popped up.

If I remember, the sky shows in the 3d window and when I go to render in Cinerender it flashes briefly in the window then disappears. The final render had an overall grey look. I think that might have been when I was using an image for the sky.

Now I'm using the physical sky and all seems to be ok. I've done very little experimentation and I admit that I only do the simplest of renderings. It may be me, but the interface leaves a lot to be desired. It also doesn't help that the interface is somewhat different on the tutorials than on my computer. Mac vs. PC?

Anyway, even with just the AC presets the light quality is much better than Lightworks. I do like the grass……….
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you sorted things out!
If you are using IBL (image based lighting with HDRIs) always check the gamma value and if there is a brightness slider,don't be afraid to bump it up a bit.
From my personal experience I can tell you that HDRIs are an extremely usefull tool, if you use them correctly, render times are increased though.
3D grass always add immensely to the realism but don't go crazy with the density values. Try using a compination of grass textures & 3d grass.
Looking forward to seeing some of your work!
Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anestis wrote:
Glad you sorted things out!
If you are using IBL (image based lighting with HDRIs) always check the gamma value and if there is a brightness slider,don't be afraid to bump it up a bit.
From my personal experience I can tell you that HDRIs are an extremely usefull tool, if you use them correctly, render times are increased though.
3D grass always add immensely to the realism but don't go crazy with the density values. Try using a compination of grass textures & 3d grass.
Looking forward to seeing some of your work!
Cheers!
I do find it little tricky to balance the setting to get best quality without increasing the render time.

I do like the looks of the 3D grass, however i find the experience extremely slow when i am rendering. Even with density reduced. Maybe i need to upgrade ram capacity?
Learn and get certified!