Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender Texture Map Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I am still on the steep part of the curve on the new CineRender engine and all the parameters that need to be adjusted to get the renderings to turn out how I want them.

Due to what I do for the San Diego Zoo I am constantly creating new library parts due to my specific projects. I have attached two images one is open GL and the other is the CineRender of the same two objects. The issue is that when they render the material gets all washed out and I have not found out how to either modify the library part or rendering settings to avoid this. As a result I have been using Open GL for all my presentations however I would like to use the CineRender for the water reflections in the animal exhibit.

Pleas help if you know what the issue is.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the CineRender of the same view
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you check if the luminance channel is turn on in the cinerender engine.
I learn that is not a good practice just to match materials from internal to cinerender and leave it like that, there is always something to adjust.

Check the luminance channel.
In the color channel should show image and not filter of layers, and the mix mode should be set to normal and mix strength to 100%.
Try that
Anonymous
Not applicable
So to be honest I generated these objects in Sketchup and imported them into ArchiCAD creating a GDL library part. Then I modified the library part to be able to adjust custom parameters like 3-D Rotation. So the texture map is part of the library part and not a material in ArchiCAD. I am wondering if this is part of the issue. I am wondering if I need to add some perameters to the 3-D script in the library part to edit the way CineRender treats the material.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ahh ok, So Probably that could help. Try that. I have never done that before.