BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender output not matching preview?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Learning little bits at a time is how this goes and sometime need to ask for help.
I'm trying to get the sunlight to show on the surfaces below a skylight in this bathroom.
In real life the direct shades & shadows of the sunlight would not show because the skylight is
acid etched glass or translucent acrylic which would create a diffused illumination of
light on the surrounding surfaces. However, in this case I'm leaving the skylight hole empty
and open to the sky and would like to have the direct sunlight show through with sharp shadow
lines and as you can see in the open gl screenshot the sun is situated to produce this effect.
When I do a preview of the CineRender engine rendering it shows the sunlight effect:
however, when I do the actual CineRender rendering the sunlight is lost: The scene was saved with settings from the preview and used on both the preview and the actual rendering.
Could someone let me know why this isn't working. The goal is to have both the artificial lighting and sunlight render correctly at the same time.
Thanks so much for any help with these settings!
Best to all, Jonathan
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!