Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender problem! emergency

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello community,
I am trying to render my project with CineRender and I keep failing, I don't know if it's me or it's Archicad. The problem is that after I click the projection button, the rendering screen shows up, but nothing happens, it just stays white, I have even left it for 20 minutes like that, and still nothing. I doubt that it's a PC problem, as I have a pretty high-end configuration, and a good graphics card (with latest drivers). It might be my projects fault, i am new with archicad. Oh, and internal engine rendering and sketch rendering work.. I am attaching photos below. I am desperately looking for a way to fix this!!!
here's a photo of my project

and here's the problem
23 REPLIES 23
rgarand
Booster
I see you have selected a Outdoor (Physical) template, but changed something within the quality settings. This could have something to do with it. Have you tried to run a low quality rendering to see if things are working?

Over the years while rendering on 3D studio, Accurender, Lightworks I have found that if you tweak certain settings they increase the rendering times exponentially.

Your model looks relatively straightforward, but if you have for instance a high quality glass material with high reflectivity, high refraction, etc this could also send the rendering times into orbit.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
rgarand
Booster
Try the preview window too, if this takes a really long time to generate, the rendering itself will take much longer.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, I will try changing the glass, see if that works, though I doubt it will. I've waited 1 hour yesterday, and nothing, it doesn't even begin to render. Then I've tried rendering with archicad 17, with lightworks, and i get the project rendered on highest quality in 15 seconds..
Zoltan Fuchs
Booster
Check on "Use White Model Effect" and try to render.
i7-4770K / 16GB / GTX560 2GB / 512GB SSD / Win10 64bit
AC21 (HUN-64 bit) / Bimx Pro / Revit 2017
gpowless
Advocate
I have had the 'black screen' problem when trying to render and have solved it by finding an errant material. For some reason existing materials convereted to C4D don't translate properly halts the rendering.

Check all your materials in the model in C4D.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
shtarkel
Participant
Have you resolved your problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
no, still not working, I've tried starting a new project and rendered a single wall, still nothing. The timer just goes on forever but the progress bar of the render stays at 0% . I've tried different materials, and still nothing. And this just happens with CineRender. My basic pc configuration is:

Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M
8GB Ram

So my computer is not the problem. I also use windows 7 x64 (freshly installed 2 months ago, and updated to day).
Maybe the 4006 update will fix this. By the way, anyone knows when will it come out?
shtarkel
Participant
What is the CPU, GPU and SSD/HDD usage in that particular moments when you start to render and after 3 minutes?
The first hotfix will be ready maybe in the beginning of the month.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no solution for this problem?