Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender problem! emergency

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello community,
I am trying to render my project with CineRender and I keep failing, I don't know if it's me or it's Archicad. The problem is that after I click the projection button, the rendering screen shows up, but nothing happens, it just stays white, I have even left it for 20 minutes like that, and still nothing. I doubt that it's a PC problem, as I have a pretty high-end configuration, and a good graphics card (with latest drivers). It might be my projects fault, i am new with archicad. Oh, and internal engine rendering and sketch rendering work.. I am attaching photos below. I am desperately looking for a way to fix this!!!
here's a photo of my project

and here's the problem
23 REPLIES 23
Barry Kelly
Try picking a different scheme.
I was playing around the other day testing surfaces and using the outdoor scheme seemed to over expose everything to the extent that it was just a white image.
Changing to another scheme I could see a very over exposed image and changing to yet another worked perfectly.
I can't remember which ones in particular I was using but they all obviously have different settings regarding the amount of light in your scene.

So it is either a case of adjusting the light (sun, lamps) in your scene or adjusting the materials to reflect the correct amount of light or changing the rendering scheme.
Maybe a bit of all three.
There is a lot to learn about this rendering stuff.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may be a repeat answer, but have you checked that your video card has enough memory to run cinerender?
Eduardus van Uden
Participant
This happened to me after I installed the Hotfix. It worked fine before I did this. I am told by Graphisoft NZ that it is being looked at.
AC25 & AC26
Win10 64 bit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did anyone fix this already? I have the same problem as was mended here
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I have the same problem.
CineRender does not work.
I tried simple settings. Low resolution. Nothing happens.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Had the same problem and after som testing/searching I found that cinerender doesn't like a layer named "_Atmosfär- & Solljus". (Sun and Ambiance-light).

As soon as I turned it off (Hide) it started to work.

Maybe its something with the & sign as another layer named "_Operatörslager" works fine.

Comments GS?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I've got the same problem.

I also reinstalled ArchiCAD and disabled Firewall and Virus scan. With the downloaded AC18 CineRender works, but as soon as I install the latest hotfix, Build 4020, the preview render just "thinks" (circles) for ever and the rendering never gets past 0%. With any project and on all settings.

Is there a fix for this?

Cheers,
Eirik

Macbook Pro / Bootcamp / Windows 8 / AC 18 EDU GER
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am in the same trouble with cinerender just turning circles after I have installed the update 4020. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

JM
rob2218
Enthusiast
what's going on with Cinarender?
I hate to say it but....I think this will be the first and last time GS deploys Cinarender into their software. Unless the upcoming versions can get much faster.....dunno.

the way Cinarender renders reminds me a lot of 3DStudio and 3D Max. that pixilated piece by piece of the screen till it hits 100%.....dunno, just takes too long...even an out of the box rendering setting on the Cinema render takes way too long.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Jere
Expert
I'm having the exact same issue.

My colleague on can do renderings on the same teamwork file on her computer, but nothing happens on mine in either the preview window or the rendering window.

I was able to render in the past with CineRender. I'm not sure what changed.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660