BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cinerender Sun Object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I have a question about the Sun settings in ArchiCAD/Cinerender.

I´ve always been under the impression that you did not have to make a Sun Object to make realistic sun lighting in ArchiCAD. But then I´ve also have had trouble making sunlight appear clear or light enough.

Then yesterday I thought about the Sun object, and decided to try that out - and to me the result seem much more like sunlight than the render without the Sun object.

Do you guys use the Sun object? Or are you able to make renders like the one with the sun object enabled without using it.

Both of the attached renders were rendered with the outdoor daylight medium as a base, just changed to physical render with progressive rendering for quick result.

Kind regards,
Daniel
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I do not use the sun object, but I don't try to make the render super realistic either. I wouldn't use both the cinerender sun and the object though, that seems a bit double. Remember to turn on the lights in cinerender to make use of it.

I think the sun object is more for wanting to have noise / visible light / god beams sort of thing with effects (not sure if all of them are available).

If you just want a bit brighter look, turn the sun azimuth so that it shines on both visible facades and set the altitude around 55 degrees. Should work with any of the presets. I just did a detailed write up of how I tweak the lowest quality physical renderer preset to give a quick decent render here: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61848
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks!
Will try you suggestion
Learn and get certified!