BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cinerender - polycarbonate render

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am really struggling to create a good quality render using Cinerender. I am trying to render my design which is made up of polycarbonate panels. Could anybody please help me with what would be a good setting to use to create this polycaronate effect?

Thanks,
Holly
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
To be more specific it is the: Facade Danpal® Double 16, 1,040 mm wide panels with softlite finish. It plays on transparency and that is what I am really struggling with... the ice color Danpal® double skin system transmits light to create a luminous atmosphere - it appears like a kind of milky lightbox when lit from within at night..... and gives a hint of the steel struture behind it but in a very blurred/ghostly type way...
Like the attached images but in a white/ice colour (not tinted)
Carstenem
Expert
The key is to use a texture which looks like polycarbonate and put it into the transparent channel.

I did a quick setting using a normal roof corrugated iron sheet to show you the effect. So needs more work but I think you can see where I am going.

hope this helps

Cheers Carsten
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much Cartsen - that does help me a lot. Do you know how I could increase the opacity on it so it is not quite so see-through?

Thanks again,
Kate
Lingwisyer
Guru
Brighten the image used in your transparency channel. Or you could layer it with a light coloured channel.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ling, I will try this!
Carstenem
Expert
Ling is correct and if the brightness is at 100% you have to lower the mix strength in the transparency channel. If mix strength is on zero you won't see any glass at all
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Learn and get certified!