BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cinerender - "cone" effect on spotlights

CarlM
Contributor
Hi,

I have a scene (fly-through) which is the final approach into a runway. I have created the approach lights and the runway lights using the standard spotlight light object. As you can see in the image I'm getting a "cone" effect from each spotlight, and I've tried to adjust all parameters one at a time without getting rid of the undesired effect.

What I really want is just to see the lights from the air, as you would from the cockpit when you are on the glide slope, without any light cast on the ground mesh. The spotlights are pointed upwards with a few degrees and the light cone angle is less than the double of the upward aim but there is still light hitting the ground - but that may be a result of the "cone" effect?

Any ideas?
Thanks!

HKT-finalapproach.jpg
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Dell Precision 7530, i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P3200, 64GB ram
1 REPLY 1
CarlM
Contributor
Hi again,

I've given up trying to get the lights to display correctly in AC so I've exported the scene to Cinema 4D, but the lights doesn't seem to keep their set values from AC. Does anyone have any experience with exporting lights to Cinema 4D? Do the AC lights have to be replaced with native Cinema light objects? And if so - how do you keep the set angles and light intensity values?

Thanks!
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Dell Precision 7530, i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P3200, 64GB ram
Learn and get certified!