BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cinerender tutorial videos?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have any or links to any good tutorial videos on how to use cinerender from scratch? Iv watched a couple on you tube and they were useless, so i dont wanna keep wasting time on crappy vids and looking for recommendations on good/worthwhile ones.

looking to do basic front facade renders of residential stuff.

thank you
gene
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you sow Archicad Videos about Cinerender?
You can find them in the Archicad youtube Channel.
Anonymous
Not applicable
iv watched a few, didnt think they were that great
Anonymous
Not applicable
GeNOS wrote:
iv watched a few, didnt think they were that great
Same for me and interior renders...can´t quite get there....there must be a way to get better results...aside from trail and error.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
No tutorial vid, but myself and some others gave tips here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=56474

For basic outside renders, that is my workflow.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
For interior renders, the global illumination preset settings are very important to not have 'spots' everywhere. Expect longer render times.

I would start by setting up shutter time, aperture and ISO value as you would do for a camera. Then think about light for the scene. Is daylight enough to light out the room. Do you want specific fixture to give light? Would a photographer bring extra lights to give that nice look?

Sometimes I place a general light behind the camera in floor plan to act like one of the extra lights a photographer would bring.

If you are even halfway handy with something like photoshop, don't spend hours fixing the render if you can make quick tweaks in photoshop to make things look like you'd want.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
alemanda
Advocate
I fount these tutorials very useful to understand the basics of renderings.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuazOnline/videos

The guy is member of this forum too.
Of course more accurate the scene and the materials better the final picture.
At the beginning I was thinking that it is difficult to take out a decent picture in a short time (of rendering) .... but at the end I can say that after you understand the principles and the meaning of each parameter Cinerender is a great tool.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
All the settings in a long list can look very daunting, but in the end once you know which ones have the most impact on the final result and on render times, the list is quite short.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!