BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Close Doors and open doors in 3d views

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can i save the state of door or window in my 3d view?
i would like to have a view with windows and doors open
and another view with windows and doors closed.
7 REPLIES 7
Hello papsphilip,

To have 2 different views you have to do first with open doors and another one after opening these doors.
It is into door opening parameters.
You are able to put the 2 views into a same layout and block update about one of them to keep both !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes thats what i did, but if you actually want to update the model you have to do this every time. This could be an option inside the model view option, but as far as i know its not (yet)
Hello,

Your request means doing something and its opposite.
You are able to do both.
Of course you have to update both each time you want to do this.

Have a great day,
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
DGSketcher
Legend
Basic question: Why do you need both states?

I will assume that the closed state is for section/ elevation drawings and open for rendering or walk throughs. If this is the case I have in the past just moved to the 3D view, ensured all the required doors to be open are available for editing in the 3D view then using Find & Select pick those doors which need to be open and change the 3D opening angle setting. Do your render / export and change them back again. Quick and simple. Remember to save the drawing before hand then if necessary you can quit without saving to get back to your previous drawing state.

Tip: You can save Find & Select criteria to speed up the door selection process.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are working on a project that requires us to go back and forth between these two states because our windows are a core part of the concept. So i know the workarounds, selecting, not updating the 3d view etc, but its not very practical for us at this point. We need these two states in our workflow, not for rendering
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know how familiar you are with GDL, but the only way this could be made to work is to create a custom settings page in the Model View Options Dialog with the 3D Opening Angle setting of the Door on it, and also modify the scripts of all those Doors so that the 3D Opening Angle value either comes from MVO, or is using the value you set in the Door Settings Dialog.

Here is an article about the use of Model View Options in GDL in general:

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/model-view-options-in-general
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am not really familiar with GDL, i've only built simple things, this is going to be tricky, but i'll give it a try
Learn and get certified!