BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Complex Profile Line Weight Problem

toman311
Enthusiast
Okay... so I'm having an unusual problem that I've never encountered in a little over the 3 years I've been working with ArchiCAD. I attached two pictures to help explain.

In the Complex Profile Drawing space, I get the correct line weights. For some reason, the lines are showing thin even though "True Line Weight" is on. That is, to me, a minor problem and not the reason for this post.

In the Floor Plan view of the newly created column complex profile, the picture attachment shows that the line weights are not how the complex profile drawing view shows. I'm not really sure what to do.

This problem happened on a previous project around 1 month ago with some corner boards I created using the complex profile. They were set up as columns just like I did now. I didn't worry about it, but it is really a problem too.

Anybody know or at least have any ideas? I'm open eyes! Has anyone had a problem similar to this?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
toman311 wrote:
In the Complex Profile Drawing space, I get the correct line weights. For some reason, the lines are showing thin even though "True Line Weight" is on. That is, to me, a minor problem and not the reason for this post.
Check the scale of the Profile Manager Drawing space, if it is 1:1 then the line weights are hard to see. I know this is not why you posted, but perhaps getting true line weights visible will help solve your bigger issue.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
toman311
Enthusiast
Thanks David. That solved that little issue I was having.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Learn and get certified!