Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile: Wall Top Flashing does not create clean intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I created a top flashing for walls as picture attached. However that flashing does not create a clean intersection with the wall below. When two flashings meet at corner, they leave/create a small segment of the wall below

Does anybody know why?

Please help

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Hello,

Select all your walls and find the one which il taller or smaller than the others to modify it

Have a nice day !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
DGSketcher
Legend
If the capping is part of the wall then I have found the profile overhangs create this problem. A similar thing happens with foundations where the concrete base is wider than the wall. I try to avoid this by modelling things like cappings and foundations separately.

It is frustrating as a lot of modelling could be simplified if it worked as expected. Unfortunately its a problem that has been about for a few versions so I don't think GS are in a hurry to fix it.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Hello,

Having not yet encountered this problem after more than 10 projects modeled via Archicad and at levels of detail sometimes very advanced, I think that your query can easily find answers via Archicad's current tools. Several clarifications must be made to your post: the materials used and their priority, the layers used and their priority, the drawings of your complex profiles, etc. ... (or share you pln)
There is no doubt that a solution already exists.

Have a good day,
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Thanks all for your reply.

The capping is a separate profile from the wall. This is the first time I had this issue.

However I found a really simple way to fix it. That is I put all the capping into a separate layer and change the layer number to 2. It works and I don't have to set the priority of material.

Thanks again

Cheers
Barry Kelly
tranthainguyen wrote:
The capping is a separate profile from the wall. This is the first time I had this issue.

However I found a really simple way to fix it. That is I put all the capping into a separate layer and change the layer number to 2. It works and I don't have to set the priority of material.
If that worked then carefully check the height of the top of the wall and the height of the base of the capping.
If they are overlapping then you may get an odd trim like you have shown.
If they don't overlap then there should be no problem as they won't be trying to trim each other - the same as when in different layers with different intersection numbers.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11