BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Complex Profile and floor slab edge

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a complex profile for an exterior wall that has the origin as the top of the subfloor (where the wall plate sits). The rim joist is supposed to fill the joist space of the composite floor slab and the siding and plywood ends at the underside of the joist space of the composite floor slab. This way when I set the height of the wall below to the US of the floor joists, it all cleans up nicely. The issue is that the joist space overrides the rim joist and it does not display. I have tried making the joist space different materials (air, wood) all with very low material intersection priorities. If I set the siding to hang down 3/4" past the depth of the composite floor slab the detail displays correctly but this doesn't seem right as it is such an arbitrary connection. I have attached a screenshot - all pieces separately, all pieces combined with the problem (red circle) and all pieces combined with the extended siding. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Tim Ball
Expert
The junction between the slab and wall depends on whether it’s a “T” or an “L”

It seems to me that if it’s an L, the wall is cut by the slab, but if it’s a T, the wall overrides the slab.

I experimented to see what works for me. You can create a T by projecting just a little above the slab.

It would be nice to have more control over how these junctions work one day.
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Learn and get certified!