BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Complex profile line weight inconsistent

Anonymous
Not applicable
That that we have the offset modifiers, I've started shifting to using complex profiles for my walls. They are working out great except for one issue. The line weights look correct in the profile manager and in section but in plan view, the outside edge of my framing fill does not show up correctly.

I found that if I turned off the outline for the adjacent plywood sheathing fill, then it shows up correctly as a heavy line but that doesn't work as I need the ply to have an outline. In profile manager I made sure that the framing fill was set to top in the display order and the ply to back but that did not help.

Anyone run into this or have solution? I feel like it must be something simple I'm missing..... the attached images show the three views. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
Chris wrote:
I found that if I turned off the outline for the adjacent plywood sheathing fill, then it shows up correctly

Is True Line Weight on?

View => Onscreen View Options => True Line Weight

The brown line is actually twice the thickness of the dark blue one, one of which runs below it. The Draw Order and representation of lines with True Line Weights off sometimes causes things to look off when working, but it is correct on the layout.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, True Line Weight is on.....
Lingwisyer wrote:
Chris wrote:
I found that if I turned off the outline for the adjacent plywood sheathing fill, then it shows up correctly

Is True Line Weight on?

View => Onscreen View Options => True Line Weight

weight.jpg

The brown line is actually twice the thickness of the dark blue one, one of which runs below it. The Draw Order and representation of lines with True Line Weights off sometimes causes things to look off when working, but it is correct on the layout.

Ling.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found a work around....

In my profile, the sheathing extend via offset modifiers above and below the wall framing. I added nodes to the sheathing at the top and bottom of the wall, creating three "edges" on that side - one adjacent to the framing, one above, and one below. I then turned off "show cut line" for the edge adjoining the framing which now allows the framing line to be visible at its correct line weight.

It would be better to have this apparent bug fixed, but so far I haven't run into any unforeseen problems with this solution so good enough for now.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

I managed to replicate the issue without using Modifier, therefore I'm wondering if I miss something here

Could you share a small sample file with the complex profile included, so that I can compare it with mine and understand the situation better?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!