BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Composite Wall - Fit to Skin Fill Not Working as Expected

Scott Bulmer
Booster
In the attached screenshot a symbol pattern fill (Met Balustrade copy) is used in a material (Wood: Light-Frame Vert copy) that is used within a composite wall. In theory the fill should align with the direction of the wall however it is not working for me. I have also tried Element Origin that also does not work. Can someone please help. Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
It works for me (blue patterned skin). It may be your pattern definition. If you compare, mine is based on a solid filled square with an outline and an X offset to make the space. I have had problems getting this to work in the past but it seems to be ok in AC23 on plan.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thank you DGSketcher, the striping fill pattern works under certain Renovation and Graphic Override settings. In a remodel project I am trying to distinguish between existing and new walls as well as different wall thicknesses. Existing walls have no background shading and new walls are shaded blue. That works fine. I would like to further differentiate the thickness of walls with an additional pattern fill overlaid on the background fill. This works fine when there is no Renovation Override (Show not Override for New) so as to shade the background blue. When the New Renovation Override is applied the blue shaded background works but the stripped fill does not turn the corner correctly even though 'Fit to Skin' is selected for that pattern fill. Please see the attached screenshots. In the first screenshot the stripped pattern works correctly however those walls are new and need to have a blue shaded background. The subsequent shots illustrate the issue. Thanks for any insights. Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
DGSketcher
Legend
If I understand correctly you are saying the GO doesn't recognise Fit-to-Skin or wall orientation? I don't think it ever has, because GOs just apply a blanket fill to an element irrespective of the build up or orientation so the pattern fill is always orientated to zero with the pattern origin at 0,0
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thanks, you are correct. I realized that I can achieve the desired results by 'Unchecking' the 'Fill Type' box from within the Graphic Override Rule for New Elements. Thanks for your help~! Scott
Learn and get certified!