Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Composite Wall Skin List

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there anyway of to configure the composite wall skin list label tool to show specific skins only?

What I'm trying to do is to set up a wall finishes scoping drawing with labels identifying the building material IDs of the finishes skin on specific sides of each wall. For example if a wall has plaster finish (with WF1 ID) on one side and wall tiles (WF2) on the other, I'd like to be able to have a label on each side of that wall that will pick up WF1 and WF2 respectively.

I know the skin list label tool lists out all the skins, but to me it's pretty cumbersome as along a length of wall with WF1 finish on one side, and multiple different finishes on the other side.

We have in the past done this as dumb text labels (time consuming and frustrating to update), and using Masterscript's label everything tool. The label everything works up to a point, but as it lists out the fill pattern of the skin rather than the building material ID, it sort of misses the point.

Does anyone know how to do this, or can point me to a custom label that would be able to do this?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This could be done but you would have to modify the GDL Script of the Label to do it.
You could introduce a new variable, for example, that would specify how many skins to list in the Label, and starting from which side (exterior or interior).
But that would require GDL knowledge and understanding how it generates this data.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27