Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Composite walls outside corners not displaying properly

rm
Expert
Hi -

Something tells me I just am missing some sort of preference setting. Please look at my attached image. None of my composite wall outside corners are closing completely when displaying true line weights. If I turn off true line weights, they look correct and close up properly

What am I missing here or doing wrong? BTW, if I don't use composite walls, using single fill walls, the corners also cleanup and close properly with true line weights selected.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 7.54.05 PM.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for your input!
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
20 REPLIES 20
rm
Expert
Check the same file in AC 21, no problems. Corners cleaned up. Uninstalled AC 22. Reinstalled AC 22, problem resolved. Installed AC 22 update 4005 - problem comes back / will report to GS as a bug.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Actually, this is not a bug, but a result of a development/enhancement. In the Composite Settings panel you have the option to define a skin-end pen. Previously the corner connections in the floor plan were not taking this into account, but now in AC22 they are considered (as you can see on the green selection highlight, the connections are properly made in the floor plan as well, instead of joining the 2 walls diagonally).

I attached pictures of how this works in AC21 compared to AC22. If you set up the skin-end line to be the same as the skin separator, this shouldn't be an issue.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
KeesW
Advocate
Hello DKovacs

Yes you might have fixed a problem that didn't exist, and created another that the user now cannot fix. I attach my original composite setting that causes the gap in AC22. I then attach the revised composite setting that fixes this but creates a thick end line in the composite wall leaf, as per other attachment. I don't want this wall end line as a default if this is needed to finish the corner without a gap. The reason is that my graphic presentation uses thicker outside lines to denote an element that has been cut, and adding an end line of the same thickness confuses the clarity of the graphic. We were, up to AC21, always able to add a thick wall end if we wanted - without destroying the clean, gapless corners. This is not a good change - please reconsider in a service update.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
KeesW
Advocate
Hello DKovacs

Herewith some extra attachments that explain settings and results of your work-around. These should have been attached to my previous posting - but I don't know if they have.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

KeesW
Advocate
Herewith some extra attachments that explain settings and results of without your work-around (as for AC21). These should have been attached to my previous posting - but I don't know if they have.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

KeesW
Advocate
I apologize for these duplicate postings. I tried to add all 4 attachments to the original reply but the Archicad-talk list appears to accept only 3 attachments and when I opened my message after submitting it I could only see 1 or 2 images.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello KeesW,

You are making a good point, I think you are right. I reported this to the designers, and asked them to handle it as a bug (fix #250563). Right now it works as designed, but that might not be the way it should work...

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
KeesW
Advocate
Hello dkovacs

Just checked this issue in the very latest AC22 version. Disappointed to find that Graphisoft has not fixed it. Please do so!! - or advise a work-around that is not too tedious.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

You might look at adding a 0" thickness material. See here: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66043
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10