Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Computers says...not enough memory to render model

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Not enough memory to render model"

But you push okay...and it renders away and it's all happy. But I dont really wanting to push okay for every frame for an animation.

I have 2gigs in my laptop and this only just started to occur after 3 mini (2-3sec) animations..

What's the problem??

Cheers
Jack
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Give the information what kind of hardware you have.
Mostly it is the problem with the hardware.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Intel T2130 Duo Core 1.86Hz 1.84Hz
1.98G Ram
Djordje
Ace
Which ArchiCAD?

Which OS (guessing Mac?)

Polycount?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 10 Commerical
Windows XP Pro
Not sure of Polycount

Is it strange that for even a simple render, the computer says that it cant do it. But once you click okay, it renders it happily? It worked fine for quite a while...

Would adjusting my Virtual Memory from the Control Panel help? The Available Memory count is around 1.26GB but ever changing. As soon as you go to render...it drops to around 400Mbs and gives you the message of "Insufficient memory to render blah blah."
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am experiencing a similar problem ... it used to render after clicking OK but now it does not render ... as soon as I turn the lights on I get this problem ... its fine without the lights or If I use a small part of the model with the lights on ... trying to get the exterior with lights on is a problem.
ArchiCAD 11 V 1210 Student
This rendering was done with only the Sun Object no other lights.
If I get closer to the model and want other lights then it runs out of memory and freezes
If I have a corrupt object how do I find out which lighting it is?

Only 2Gig ram