Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Contour lines disappear with renovation filters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

As you can see from the images, as soon as I have walls that touch with 2 distinct renovation status, the contour between disappears. I have tried changing the layout display order, changing the interception number on layers and played around with options in the renovation tool configuration. Hatches are transparent.

Any thoughts? Thank you very much.
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
adrianolgf75:

It looks like they are the same Building Material, so they blend. Changing the Layer's Intersection Group Number if the walls are on different layers works here, not sure why it does not work in your example. Did you "Update" the Layer Combination after making the change?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately changing the materials and the interception numbers doesn't work. I had never encountered this problem. I have also tried repairing the file but no errors were found.
Please let me know if you have other ideas and if I find a solution I'll be sure to come back and report.
Also thank you for the signature tip.

Adriano
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Adriano:

I am seeing the same behavior when one wall is set To Be Demolished and that renovation status is set to Override. Even if all the options are disabled under the Graphic Override Rules > Override Style the walls still meld. The plan view behaves as expected. Other than separating the walls by a tiny distance I don't have a solution, I hope someone seeing this thread will.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've had similar problems with renovation filters. Having two seperate walls on different renovation status touching eachother made ArchiCAD interpret the cut-lines touching as a skin-seperator line. My renovation filter override was hiding the skin-seperator line, meaning I lost the lines touching.

I've reported this to local reseller, who I believe have reported this as a bug, but more reports can't hurt.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello All,

Yes, this is a known bug. When you override elements with Renovation overrides, they will blend with everything that is overridden (regardless of their state). The separator lines between them are considered "skin separators" and they are removed.

The only workaround for this is to go to the Override settings of each state, and turn on the "Show Skin Separators" option - of course that will display the actual skin separator lines inside the composites as well...

I hope this helped.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit