Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Contributions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am new to archicad but i think i am catching on, i have two questions

i will appreciate if someone can list other softwares for me that can be use for rendering archicad model (2d & 3d) flythrus etc so as to achieve perfect real life image
Why is archicad always create duplicate file once you create/save a new file what is the purpose for this and how can i distinguish between the two files

Femi, Nigeria
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
other softwares for me that can be use for rendering archicad

All of them. Archicad has special export links to Artlantis and Cinema 4D.

duplicate file

That is a backup file. the extensions are different : .pln for the active file versus the backup .bpn
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
That is a backup file. the extensions are different : .pln for the active file versus the backup .bpn
On Mac, recognizing these things is pretty easy. So, what Dwight says is all a Mac person needs to know.

On Windows, this has been complained about for years. By default, file extensions are not shown in Windows. You can enable them in Windows Explorer. Or, you can display the Open dialog in 'detail' mode and read the file type column.

Also, if you have not assigned a preview image to the file, then the standard AC icon is used in Windows and you can recognize a backup file by the red arrow in its icon.

In spite of years of requests, GS still has the File Open file selection include PLN as well as BPN, so if you see one you see the other. One day they will 'get it' and have two entries -one for project files and the other for backups.

Please vote here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=42834&highlight=backup+file#42834

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I GOT YOUR RESPONSE ABOUT DUPLICATE FILE S AS REGARD THE RENDERING I SHOULD MENTION THAT I WORK ON WINDOW XP PLATFORM

THANKS A MILLION

FEMI, NIG