Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Controlling dawing order when generating a plt file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All -

My print shop has been complaining about the order of drawings contained in the plt files we give them. In plotmaker it is possible to specify the print order when selecting multiple drawings to print - however, this function is grayed out when plotting. Does anyone know of a solution for controlling plot order?

Thanks,
Don
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Plotting saves multiple files (one for each sheet) which are then ordered by the file system. I theory it could be possible to order the files by their date/time, but in my experience this is not reliable. AFAIK the only way to control it is by naming the files accordingly. You can set up a publisher set that names the files with leading page numbers to keep them in order. (You could also do this in the layout names in Navigator but this would presumably screw up your sheet numbers in the title blocks.)

There may also be a way to set the order using Océ's Reprodesk software before sending the files but I am not sure about this. The file order can certainly be rearranged in Reprodesk at the service bureau but they probably don't want this chore and neither do you want to depend on their accuracy.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Matthew wrote:

There may also be a way to set the order using Océ's Reprodesk software before sending the files but I am not sure about this. The file order can certainly be rearranged in Reprodesk at the service bureau but they probably don't want this chore and neither do you want to depend on their accuracy.

Yes, if your printer uses an Oce, they will install on your office computer, free of charge, the Reprodesk/Buzzsaw program.

It allows you to easily rearrange the drawings as well as preview what you will be getting!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't give them .plt's. Give them PDF's instead. No worry about pen weights, etc. Create one pdf file in acrobat File>Create PDF>Multiple files. PLT files are soooo 20th century.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!