Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Convert Module to Autocad Blocks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Is it possible to convert module to Autocad Blocks when saving as dwg file?
In DXF/DWG Translator i can only find in Save Options to convert objects and complex element to blocks

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the exact same question I'm having right now.

Hoping someone has an answer or clarification? Thanks!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If by module you guys mean an Hotlinked Module, then the answer is no. Only Library Parts can be converted to Blocks (individual Library Parts to individual blocks). A Hotlinked Module may contain many-many Library Parts. I do not see any DWG Translator Option that would achieve this.
You would probably select your Modules and convert them to Library Parts and place those. But you would have to repeat this every time the source of any of those Hotlinked Module changes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
If by module you guys mean an Hotlinked Module, then the answer is no. Only Library Parts can be converted to Blocks (individual Library Parts to individual blocks). A Hotlinked Module may contain many-many Library Parts. I do not see any DWG Translator Option that would achieve this.
You would probably select your Modules and convert them to Library Parts and place those. But you would have to repeat this every time the source of any of those Hotlinked Module changes.
Thanks for the clarification on this!

Unfortunately, that source does change, and usually a few times during the span of the CD set development (3-4 months)

The nature of our firm's work has proven difficult to integrate into a BIM platform, so I think we are struggling with redundancies of tasks... As I've spent the past year getting everything setup, I see the potential to really do ALL of our work in ArchiCAD, but now that we are getting closer to actually publishing a set, we are pushing up against some software limitations.
Eduardo Rolon
One quick concept that might help you.

When transitioning from one software platform to another always question and do not trust the ways you did things before so that you don't fight the software recreating a workflow that does not apply or is inefficient in your new platform.

First option and reaction is to recreate but immediately after look to update/modify your workflow.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator