Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Copy this View in Archicad

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi All, I have to duplicate this view from Revit in Archicad. Make it exactly the same in Archicad. What would you call the effect in Archicad? Could someone please give me a clue on where to start in settings to Duplicate that effect. cheers
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
9 REPLIES 9
try the Align View command: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25542/
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Aaron, to be more explicit, the render effect if that's what you call it? Nothing to do with the building, cheers
White Model? or a version thereof?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Barry Kelly
In version 21 & 22 you can set your 3D style to monochrome with contour lines and shadows on and you will see this directly in your 3D view.
Then just save the view or take a screen snap shot.

In version 20 you will have to create a render with the White Model Effect (you still have to do this in 21 & 22 as well if you want an actual render).
Or manually convert all of your surfaces to be white (can be a long process) if you want to see this in the 3D window.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Brett Brown
Advocate
Thanks, in 20 so will give that a try, cheers
Barry Kelly
You will want to look at the Sketch render settings if you want to see the contour lines for edges.
There are many options to set there so it is a matter of play and see what happens.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brett wrote:
Hi All, I have to duplicate this view from Revit in Archicad. Make it exactly the same in Archicad. What would you call the effect in Archicad? Could someone please give me a clue on where to start in settings to Duplicate that effect. cheers

Hi Brett,

I am not sure you will be able to duplicate this exact look in ARCHICAD. If you look at the right side of the building you can see that its surface is grey at the bottom and becomes more and more white towards its top. This is caused by a setting in Revit called "Ambient Shadow". I am afraid we do not have an equivalent of that in the ARCHICAD Vectorial Engine or the OpenGL Engine. I think the Sketch Rendering Engine does not have such a setting either, only the CineRender Engine may be able to duplicate this effect.
Which means that you may try to generate an OpenGL Render, and a CineRender of the same 3D View and combined them on a Layout: the OpenGL Render would provide the lines, the CineRender would provide the surface rendered looks. That may work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Laszlo, Tried the White model effect and darken it with various settings but never got close. From what people have said, it is easy to do now in 22. cheers
Eduardo Rolon
FWIW, the setting you want to play with in CR is called Ambient Occlusion
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator