Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Copying a layout and unlinking the views of the copy

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I copy a Layout (in PM3.0 R3 Dutch) and unlink the views of the copy, also the views on the original LayOut are unlinked. This is not what I want!! Is there a workaround? Is it my stupidity or am I wrong? Is it already reported as a wish/bug? Lot's of questions...Does anybody has an answer?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I'm just stupid...
But if I change the layercombination on the "copy" I end up changing the "original" to the very same layer combination. For example I want drawing placed on a layout showing the
demolitionplan and one showing the rebuild plans. I can't get this to work ....
Barry Kelly
Carl wrote:
But if I change the layercombination on the "copy" I end up changing the "original" to the very same layer combination. For example I want drawing placed on a layout showing the
demolitionplan and one showing the rebuild plans. I can't get this to work ....

The layer combination (and renovation filter if you are using that) is linked to the view settings.
Although if you are using the reno filters, you shouldn't need different layers.

So you need 2 views, one with the demo layers (and/or demo reno filter) and another with the proposed layers (and/or new reno filter).

You then place each view on the layouts.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
MLukasz
Participant

Hello. Let me try to formulate this same question as I can not resolve that issue too:

I want to present the bathroom in 2 "view/presentation/pdf" for plumbing and electric. For clarity I using different layer set and graphic overrides.

I copy the layout named Electric by dragging and holding ctrl.

The new copied layout I change the name to Plumbing.

When I'm changing the set of layers and graphic override in the Plumbing -- source view setting, change the attributes in the Orginal Electric layout source view setting to . So they look identically.

Any help Appreciated. 

Kind Regards Lukasz.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You have to have 2 Views. One View with settings required for Electrical, another View with settings required for Plumbing. Copy the Electrical View in the View Map, then change its settings to the ones required by the Plumbing View.

When you copy a Layout, the Drawing on the new Layout will have the same Source View as the Drawing on the Layout you copied it from.

After you copy the Layout, then select the Drawing on it, and do not change the settings of the Source View (its Source View is currently the Electrical View). Instead, use the "Link Drawing to" context menu command and link it to the Plumbing View, thereby changing the Source View of the Drawing on the copied Layout from Electrical to Plumbing.

So, you have two Views, two Layouts, and the Drawing on each Layout is linked to its corresponding Source View.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27