BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Corrupt Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
In 12 all of a sudden I have a corrupt marker that when I go to move just the marker head it freezes AC.
All other markers ok.
Of course I could delete the marker, but then I'd have to redraw my two D annotations to it all over.
At first "spinning wheel" starts flashing, then whole screen goes gray then spinning wheel just spins without flashing.
Has any previous such nonsense been seen, or know of any possible key combos to repair it?
(Spinning wheel does not show up in image capture).
Thanks

Corrupt Marker.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried switching it to a different marker?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
lec1212 wrote:
Of course I could delete the marker, but then I'd have to redraw my two D annotations to it all over.
You should be able to copy the 2D elements from the section to the plan (or another window), place a new section, then copy the 2D elements from the plan to the new section, if all else fails. You would have to redo associated dimensions.

HTH,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
lec1212 wrote:
You should be able to copy the 2D elements from the section to the plan (or another window), place a new section, then copy the 2D elements from the plan to the new section, if all else fails. You would have to redo associated dimensions.

HTH,

David
Thanks for the replies.

David

I copied the 2D work to floor plan (for later past) and then tried to set new section marker exactly as previous one, but somehow I could not get new section marker to be EXACTLY as the old one. Part of my problem was that when I tried to zoom in to place a small line to mark exact extent settings of old marker, marker would not be visible even though it was selected, so just gave up for now as original marker "head" problem is that it's only slightly hiding something, which I've decided was not all that big of a deal anyway, considering the trouble moving it's "head" became.
So I'll leave the mystery alone for now.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
lec1212 wrote:
I copied the 2D work to floor plan (for later past) and then tried to set new section marker exactly as previous one, but somehow I could not get new section marker to be EXACTLY as the old one. Part of my problem was that when I tried to zoom in to place a small line to mark exact extent settings of old marker, marker would not be visible even though it was selected...
lec:

The ends of the section line should respond to the cursor, so you should be able to place a line that snaps to the section line ends for placing the replacement section line. But I understand that sometimes you just take what you have and move on.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!