BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cover Fills covering up lines

archislave
Enthusiast
I have an elevation view and am trying to cover the gap showing through, beyond the facia and exterior wall line. When I draw a triangular drafing fill, the outline of the fill, which I turned white, covers up the roof and wall element lines.

How can I get the lines to show through and display their full line weight without the fill obsuring it? The only work around I can think of is to reduce the fill just short of the lines, but it will take lots of trial and error.

Help!
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
How can I get the lines to show through and display their full line weight without the fill obsuring it? The only work around I can think of is to reduce the fill just short of the lines, but it will take lots of trial and error.
That's the only way AFAIK. You may want to turn the outline off altogether and turn on true weight to help.

You know what a purist would say? Why are you using a fill in the first place?

Maybe it'd be quicker (not necessarily better) for you to set your S/E status to Drawing?

Cheers,
Link.
archislave
Enthusiast
That is really disappointing! It also can't find an option to have no outline except to turn it white like I have done.

Is there such an option?
Archislave

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It also can't find an option to have no outline except to turn it white like I have done. Is there such an option?
Yes - see the attachment.

Cheers,
Link.
archislave
Enthusiast
Wow! Thanks Link! I never noticed that was a button. I thought it was an icon. Very usefull for the future.
Archislave

Learn and get certified!