BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Coversheet Rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have searched on here and googled how to get a crisp clear rendering on a cover-sheet at a large scale to no avail.

I have a large home that I made a sketch looking rendering of to put on the cover-sheet. I saved it as a PDF, Tiff, Jpeg etc, all the formats at the highest quality I can. I place it on my page and its pixleated and "grainy".

what am I doing wrong?
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Someone smarter then me will chime in I am sure, but you need to increase the size of the rendering (Width x Height).

Give that a try, it should reduce the graininess. I remember seeing a post from someone on how to translate pixels to inches for renderings, you might try a search.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
JLKilgore wrote:
I have searched on here and googled how to get a crisp clear rendering on a cover-sheet at a large scale to no avail.

I have a large home that I made a sketch looking rendering of to put on the cover-sheet. I saved it as a PDF, Tiff, Jpeg etc, all the formats at the highest quality I can. I place it on my page and its pixleated and "grainy".

what am I doing wrong?

Have you tried rendering at 300 dpi? What size is your cover?
For A3 try 4961 x 3508.
a rendering screens at a lower pixel per inch ratio than 300 dpi. Try a calculation using 155 pixels to the inch to determine the size.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!