Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Creating Level Dimension Tool in Archicad

Kikoria
Enthusiast

Hello. I wanted to create Archicad level dimension tool, so that in the first row it would display an architectural level, but in the second row it would show an altitude (so called absolute level).

I created an example level dimension by selecting the text box of the dimension. you can view the photo.

Well, on the first photo you can see the custom text and then I aligned the text. But the thing is, I want to save this combination of architectural level and altitude, like in favourites and after I save it as a library element, it can do the same thing anytime I put it somewhere else. For now I have to select each dimension one by one and edit the features so it can look like that.

Is there any way I can save the desired level dimension tool and use it then?

Many thanks in advance!

level.png
Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
Technical Examination and Design Department
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

Which version of AC are you using? The level dimension tool was updated in AC26.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I'm using ARCHICAD25, I've seen videos about that in ARCHICAD26, but I don't have that version yet. Is it possible to imitate that tool somehow in version 25 by saving it somehow as a tool?

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
Technical Examination and Design Department
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER
Nardo99
Booster

I must manually update the text for everyone dimension as well. Typically, what I do is create horizontal lines that are dimensioned across elevations or sections. Then I can copy a whole block of lines and markers together. 

The solution above saves me some time but I would be interested in a better solution.