BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Creating a new section

Too Long
Enthusiast
Hi guys.

I have a number of sections markers created on my template so I can just drag them into place with all of their settings all ready to go but when I have used all of these and need to create additional sections I just copy and paste or drag and drop one of the existing sections markers to a new location but all of the settings change, such as layer combination, model views, etc.
How can I create a new section with the same settings as all of my other sections?

Thanks.

AC26 AUS Full
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
By saving the settings of the intended Section as a Favorite, and applying the Favorite to the copied Section? Would that work?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Too wrote:
Hi guys.

I have a number of sections markers created on my template so I can just drag them into place with all of their settings all ready to go but when I have used all of these and need to create additional sections I just copy and paste or drag and drop one of the existing sections markers to a new location but all of the settings change, such as layer combination, model views, etc.
How can I create a new section with the same settings as all of my other sections?

Thanks.
You need to make sure the new section is saved in your View Map with the same settings. Usually to do this I open an existing Section from the View Map (which sets the view settings) then open the new section from the Project Map. This will open it with the same settings. Now save the new section to the View Map, or if you're using cloned views update the new sections' view with the current settings.

Hope this helps
Too Long
Enthusiast
thanks, this fixed it.

AC26 AUS Full
Barry Kelly
Also try the 'Pick Up Parameters' tool (Pipette - ALT+C) to copy all of the tool settings from an existing section/elevation line.
The next one you place will have the same settings and the ID should automatically increase to the next available one (if you have that option on).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Too Long
Enthusiast
ALT+C? Never new about that but ill check it out.

Thanks again mate.

AC26 AUS Full
Barry Kelly
Too wrote:
ALT+C? Never new about that but ill check it out.

Actually just 'ALT' on its own works as well.
ALT on its own is a toggle, so you have to keep the ALT key held down until you use it.
ALT+C is a semi-permanent state that will keep the tool active (you can let go of the keys) until you use it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Too Long
Enthusiast
aha!!

Thanks for that.

AC26 AUS Full
Learn and get certified!