Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Crictics are welcome

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am meeting with a client on monday and I would like some comments on what else I can do to "spruce it up".

Dandy Revision3.jpg
23 REPLIES 23
Thomas Holm
Booster
Smaller parking lot?

Well, jokes aside, I would lighten it up a bit in Photoshop. De-saturate etc. Try to get hold of one of Dwight's books (these issues are covered in the old one *Illustration in Archicad* as well)

Then create a welcoming close-up of the entrance!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The parking lot is large for the RV's. It's an outdoor's center and RV dealer. I have purchased LW in Archicad. I was mainly looking to see if somebody had suggestions for minor details. I don't have photoshop. Are there any other programs to do touch-up work in?
Eduardo Rolon
Gimp is a Image editor and it is free.

www.gimp.org/downloads/

THe thing that bothers me about your rendering is the camera position. It is better to present more than one shot that emphasize specifics than trying to create one all encompassing shot.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

TomWaltz
Participant
It kind of looks like your camera is too high, making the whole site look like it is floating in the air.

I'm with ejrolon, that the camera position is more of an establishing shot and a design shot at the same time and might be better accomplished with a couple shots instead of one.
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
try to move the background sky or add higher background cuz the bldg looks on top of a peak on a mountain.

change the roof color or put a diff material, it seems grass roofing

add trees or people or cars from imagecels, and the rest of the comments
are all good...and if design errors, cover it up with vegetation x presentation !!!

more light also
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Thomas Holm
Booster
If you're the least serious about this, you will need a photo editor. I don't know about the Gimp, but Photoshop Elements will do what you need. Not expensive. The image definitely needs de-saturation. If you print it, you'll see. It will be too candy-like, especiallly on a decent ink-jet.

I think it's OK with a grass roof. I thought it was intentional. But I agree it's a problem to try to show the whole project in one shot. If that's needed, I think the angle of view is OK. Some vegetation would be nice. Maybe a car or two. I definitely think a close-up of the entrance would be a nice companion to this one.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
Colyer-Lloyd wrote:
The parking lot is large for the RV's. It's an outdoor's center and RV dealer. I have purchased LW in Archicad. I was mainly looking to see if somebody had suggestions for minor details. I don't have photoshop. Are there any other programs to do touch-up work in?
I suggest Photoshop Elements also - between $60 and $100.

Besides desaturating, often you want to crop in an image because you cannot get the camera view to show exactly what you want.

I have a pet peeve about so many home renderings and photography on real estate pages where you have this massive lawn and way in the distance you see the home. Unless the home is a dump and the yard is the selling point, those images just irk me. Your rendering seems to focus on the parking lot. Because this is an RV dealer, maybe that is the focus. But, perhaps several views would speak better than one.

Attached is just one cropping to still indicate the parking lot but without it completely dominating the composition. Like others say, the image needs some plants, vehicles, etc. to have life. A different sun angle might be worth looking at, too.

Have fun with it.

Karl
dandy_revision-rev3.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to show the client the WHOLE SCENE, perhaps a birds eye view will do it best. The pull-in to specific areas with a human scale camera for building details.

Totally agree about the glowing grass, de-saturate your texture.
Dwight
Newcomer
While supporting all prior comments, try to bias the composition to the right or left - still fill the image with building, but make the composition less symmetric.

All rendered images have too much color....

Move the sun to illuminate all of the front of the building.... even if that is a sunrise or sunset....

Clouds are ambiguous - find a background with an actual horizon to give depth...
Dwight Atkinson

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!