Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Criticize my work

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi im new in archicad and i want to improve my renders
i appreciate any tips or anything else

thank you
28 REPLIES 28
Very nice modeling. Thanks for posting it.

I realize that this is a very unpopular opinion on this forum, however, I think the best way to improve your rendering is to export it to a good rendering program. Export to 3DS, render with Vray.

Your work deserves better rendering than you can get from LightWorks with out heroic efforts.

Ever try Art*Lantis? The quality is not hi-end but it sure is fast and easy to use.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Djordje
Ace
Steve wrote:
Ever try Art*Lantis? The quality is not hi-end but it sure is fast and easy to use.
Ever went to the Art•Lantis R web gallery? Doesn't seem like it.

Or, nearer home, check http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9253 and krippahl's renderings.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
yea. I have been there. It's not what I would call hi-end rendering.

This is hi-end rendering. www.maxwellrender.com

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Djordje
Ace
Steve wrote:
yea. I have been there. It's not what I would call hi-end rendering.

This is hi-end rendering. www.maxwellrender.com
OK. Point taken
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Steve wrote:
Or, nearer home, check http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9253 and krippahl's renderings.

thanks Djordje, at least someone appreciates my work

WENDY:
If I understood correctly, you are new to ArchiCAD.
If this is true, then your model is pretty amazing! There are no usual beginners modeling mistakes, bad intersections or multiple objects. Considering your model is not a simple one, this is not a small feat! Congratulations.

As for the image
One of the first thing you have to decide is wether you want your model to look like a scale model, or the real thing.
If it is a scale model, the perspective is correct, but you are using some material and objects (person, tree) that do not fit. Scale model look is great, it is the equivalent of a drafting or a hand rendering. It shows enough but not too much.
If you are going to use this kind of presentation, then also choose your textures carefully (see file attached). No giving away too much, and never forget the "happy" feeling. After all, you want your client to feel happy, not moody

If, on the other hand, you want a real size model look, then you have to use another camera setting. You have to put the observer inside the scene, even if this means not showing the whole model (you can always do more than one rendering, with different camera position).
In this kind of scene, you put your client inside your model, which is much more demanding, light, texture and prop wise.

And remember, when doing a rendering, it is not about what you like, but about what your client likes (if you work for a living, that is), so try to learn his/her tastes so as not to make a neutral rendering.

I could also go into the software issue, but I guess this time I will let you keep your tread

Ah, and do have fun
Art*Lantis is my favorite too.

Just a tip about Maxwell Render. The $459.00 does not include the cost to replace your office building when it catches on fire and burns to the ground from your red hot CPU and melted graphics card.

Most of the super hi quality renderings you see on the Maxwell site took 20 hrs or so on a super computer or render farm.

It is a complement when your work deserves this kind of rendering.

I like the scale model look. I think Windy's project would look great rendered in all bass wood (keep the trees color) with a black background and hi gloss black glass (for windows). I used old film for window material when I built basswood models to get a glossy look to the windows in photographs. You will probably get a better result from an all white model if you render with LightWorks. It would be very hard to get that fine sanded wood look with out a hi-end rendering engine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS A LOT!!
I KNOW THAT ARTLANTIS IS BETTER BUT I JUST BOUGHT IT AND IM READING THE MANUAL IT IS QUITE SIMPLE BUT I TRIED THIS ONE TO RENDER IT IN ARTLANTIS AND THE TREES DIDNT COME WITH ME THE TEXTURES HAD PROBLEMS AND THE LIGHTS OF COURSE
SO I GUESSED THAT I SHOULD READ IT A LITTLE MORE AND TRY AGAIN
KrippahL'S WORK IS GREAT I DIDINT ASK YOU TO COMPARE MY WORK WITH HIS
THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE KRIPPAHL!!!!!!! YOUR WORK IS GREAT
HEERE IN GREECE I THINK THEY DONT LIKE SIMPLE RENDERS
Anonymous
Not applicable
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
YOUR WORK IS GREAT
HEERE IN GREECE I THINK THEY DONT LIKE SIMPLE RENDERS

Welcome

The most important thing about renderings, architecture, cooking and pretty much anything: Always know your client's taste (which is not to say Always do it his way)
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI
i hope i can help !!!!
i think you can use window light to make it as (sun) ,i know it will be very big but you will get avery very soft shadows and use also skyobject without shadows
try this and i hope to see your work agine