BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Criticize my work

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi im new in archicad and i want to improve my renders
i appreciate any tips or anything else

thank you
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
ayman wrote:
HI
i hope i can help !!!!
i think you can use window light to make it as (sun) ,i know it will be very big but you will get avery very soft shadows and use also skyobject without shadows
try this and i hope to see your work agine
ill try this today and i will load the render. thanks a lot for the advice
Wendy, if you really want a useful critique, make the model available for download so people can examine he settings and make specific recommendations. You can look at the model in better detail than anyone and see what things you could do better. What you really want to know is how to do it. What are the settings you need to achieve what you want.

I bet if you post the model you will get some fantastic renderings of it sent back to you. You can open the files and view the settings for yourself.

I did this once and people helped me get my sketch settings just right. I saved the settings and still use them all the time.

If you want a specific answer ask a specific question. "Critique this low res image of my rendering" is too vague to tell you anything you don't already know. Critique what? the modeling, the textures, the lighting, the view...
Your model and rendering may be perfect for some specific use. What is the intended use of your rendering? Who will be looking at it and what information will they be looking for. Is it going to be art for your office?
What kind of rendering are you wanting to make?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,Steve Jepson
this is a very good point, i may be feel that's like a competion
i'm with you ,this great
Dwight
Newcomer
ayman wrote:
HI
i think you can use window light to make it as (sun) ,i know it will be very big but you will get avery very soft shadows and use also skyobject without shadows
Excuse me for wading in to this advice:

1: Alternative Sunlight sources

Before using the Windowlight to achieve soft exterior lighting, users should work with the SunObject set to 10 sources with a divergence of 45 degrees. This is more efficient than using the WindowLight that can generate excessive light points. See attached, from page 46 of "LightWorks in ArchiCAD," where changes in intensity and light dimensions increases the number of light sources within the object, and vastly increases rendering time.

2: SkyObject without shadows.

This setting denies one of LightWorks/ArchiCAD's best features: graduated light energy on a vertical surface. The SkyObject effect is more sophisticated when used set to generate soft shadows.

All this and more in "LightWorks in ArchiCAD." No need for you to do countless hours of noodling - benefit from my countless hours of noodling.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
really you did hard work...
after 5 day i will be back to Egypt so i will post my test render
see it first then tell me your opinion
i think this skyobject what made me say no shadows with skyobject
Anonymous
Not applicable
you say that i should load the project into the site?
as pla? so that you can open it in archicad??
is nt it too big?

thanks a lot for this advice i thought that if noone see how i use the lights i wouldnt learn how to do ti right
so tell me i should it pla and post it?
Dwight
Newcomer
You will need a file server or internet transfer service to send a PLA file.

See Dropload - for sending to one person at a time.

See FileFront - for a free distribution server.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
You will need a file server or internet transfer service to send a PLA file.

See Dropload - for sending to one person at a time.

See FileFront - for a free distribution server.
i didnt really get all that
how can i load it in the forum or i cannot?
Dwight
Newcomer
No. A PLA will exceed the forum's sizes.

Do a google for free file transfer and pick one of them as a service.

Then you announce the location of the file on the forum and people download it.

I could be wrong - see how big your file is and try to post it first.....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
http://mediamax.streamload.com/vivifliouka/Hosted/PROJECT_PLAN_WENDY.rar

i found one site i hope it works here is my project in pla format rared!

i appreciate any advice
Learn and get certified!